Hurricanes - Fun Trivia
1. How many categtories are there for a hurricane's severity ?
2. When does the Atlantic hurricane season start and end?
August 1 - November 30
September 1 - December 1
June1 - November 30
3. What was one of the nicknames of the hurricane of 1938 that hit the east Coast of the USA ?
The Great Boston flood
Long Island Express
4. Hurricane Isaac recently swept tons of which animal onto the beaches of Mississippi ?
5. What are the two alternate names for a hurricane ?
cyclones and typhoons
typhoons and monsoons
monsoons and cyclones
6. What former first lady was a hurricane of 1939 named after ?
Lou Henry Hoover
7. What was the name of the first unofficially named hurricane in 1947 ?
8. What year were the use of woman's names adopted as the naming convention for hurricanes ?
9. What year were the use of women and mens names adopted for naming hurricanes ?
10. What wind speed needs to be attained by a tropical storm before it is named ?
Quizopolis.com © 2006-2015 |